United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
Senior User Experience Designer, February 2017 to present
I am currently the Senior User Experience Designer on the Digital Learning team at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, D.C.
In this role, I conduct user research online and in person for digital projects and physical exhibits. I test and construct information architecture and develop creative strategy for responsive websites that further the Museum's mission. I also design all screens and interactions for each project, and work collaboratively but hands on to build the front end of each site using HTML and Sass/CSS.
- Redesign of the Museum's Collection Search
- Rapid prototyping with IDEO team in preparation for a new permanent physical exhibition
- Companion educational website for the upcoming Americans and the Holocaust exhibition in collaboration with the exhibitions and content teams (in progress)
- Usability testing of interactives for the upcoming Americans in the Holocaust physical exhibition in collaboration with Cortina Productions
- Redesign of the Early Warning Project from the Center for the Prevention of Genocide, which provides data and insight about countries that are at risk for mass killing (in progress)