My Conservation Work
World Lemur Day and World Lemur Festival
The World Lemur Festival was started by Dr. Jonah Ratsimbazafy of GERP Madagascar in 2014. The festival celebrates lemurs in cities and villages throughout Madagascar.
Since 2015, I have been promoting World Lemur Day and the World Lemur Festival worldwide through the Lemur Conservation Network (LCN). We encourage zoos, schools, parents, and lemur fans to celebrate by holding events and educational activities, and raising funds for lemur conservation.
Learn more about World Lemur Day
- Logo Design: Designing unique logos for the 2015 - 2018 World Lemur Day and World Lemur Festival, which are free for all to use. I served as Creative Director in 2019 for a freelance designer who created the logo.
- Fundraising Events: Holding events each year since 2015 in Washington, DC to benefit member organizations of the Lemur Conservation Network
- Social Media Engagement: Designing social media graphics for sharing on World Lemur Day and posting content on LCN's social media
- Online Content: Writing blog posts and other online content about World Lemur Day and maintaining an online calendar of World Lemur Festival events
- T-shirt Sales and Fundraising: Creating t-shirt campaigns each year to raise funds for a unique member of the Lemur Conservation Network each year
I ran this 2017 DC World Lemur Festival event to raise money for Lemur Love and raise awareness for lemur conservation.
Each year, I design a logo which is available to all for use and sell t-shirts to benefit members of the Lemur Conservation Network.
Each year, the Lemur Conservation Network team collaborates to maintain a calendar for events around the world.
Each year, my colleagues and I at the Lemur Conservation Network encourage people around the world to hold events to celebrate lemurs. These enthusiastic lemur fans were celebrating in Sarasota, Florida at an event for the Lemur Conservation Foundation.