I'm Lynne Venart, and I'm a senior user experience designer working to make the world a better place.
User Experience Research and Design
I have over 15 years of design and research experience, working on- and off-site for clients in museums, conservation, publishing, ad agencies, nonprofits, and government.
Currently, I am a Senior User Experience Designer at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, DC. To forward the Museum's mission, I conduct user research online and in person, construct information architecture, and design online resources. Recent projects include redesigns of the Museum's Collection Search as well as the Early Warning Project, which provides data and insight about countries that are at risk for state-led mass killing.
I've worked with publishers since 2001, heralding traditional library resources, textbooks, and publications into the digital era. Now 15 years later, the tools have gotten more complex, their capabilities more robust, and the user's experience is more paramount than ever.
I love working with non-profits, and helping organizations of all sizes meet their missions and exceed their goals. Quality design really does make a difference, and every non-profit deserves beautiful communications materials, no matter their budget.
In 2014, I partnered with the IUCN Species Survival Commission's Primate Specialist Group to create the Lemur Conservation Network (LCN). LCN unites over 50 conservation organizations working to save lemurs from extinction. This online platform encourages collaboration among scientists, local Malagasy, and conservation organizations; raises worldwide awareness for lemur conservation; and creates opportunities for lemur conservation organizations and lemur fans alike to share their conservation stories.
Currently pursuing a Masters in Biology from Miami University's Project Dragonfly program, I am interested in ways that audience research, design thinking, conservation psychology, and behavior change marketing can help us understand conservation issues and promote conservation action.
Training and Certifications
- UX-certified by the Nielsen Norman Group, having completed 12 courses and a specialty in Interaction, 2016-2018
- Google Analytics 101, 201, 301 and Google Tag Manager: Bounteous, 2019
- Collecting Social Media Data: Sage Campus, 2019
- Currently pursuing certificate in Sustainability and Behavior Change: University of California, San Diego Extension
- B.A. in Advertising and Integrative Arts from Penn State University
- M.A. in Non-profit Arts Management from George Mason University
- Currently pursuing M.A. in Biology: Miami University