Lemur Conservation Network
Co-founder and Digital Communications Manager, 2014-present
Partnering with the Primate Specialists Group of the IUCN Species Survival Commission, I grew the Lemur Conservation Network from the ground up as a volunteer. The website unites over 60 organizations working to save lemurs from extinction, helps people learn about lemurs, and learn how to help.
- Conduct audience research to learn how best to engage animal enthusiasts in lemur conservation, discover barriers and benefits to volunteering and donation, and improve the website, including surveys, user interviews, Google Analytics, and managing user research work by volunteers and contractors.
- Create and maintain English and Malagasy language websites, including design, copywriting, and web development.
- Create and distribute a lemur card game and learning activities for communities near national parks in Madagascar.
- Gained press in international news outlets including BBC Discover Wildlife, Forbes, Mongabay, TakePart, The Guardian, The Independent, Mother Nature Network, and more.
- Built partnerships with Mongabay Kids, several podcasts, and artists interested in lemur conservation.
- Promote the annual World Lemur Festival and World Lemur Day.
Steig Johnson, Project Advisor for the Lemur Conservation Network, says,
“I can’t thank you enough for your incredible work on getting LCN launched and maintained so successfully. This is such a valuable resource already, and promises to be central to coordinating conservation efforts in Madagascar for many years to come.”